Position Title: Environmental Safety and Health Coordinator
Date: March 17, 2017
Reports To: VP Operations
The EH&S Coordinator supports the management team in oversight, improvement, and implementation of company safety programs at all sites to ensure compliance with all Federal, State, and local regulations as well as providing safety management services throughout all company facilities. This includes overseeing proper safety trainings for all employees, maintenance and inspection of all safety equipment, managing facility waste streams, and interaction with outside agencies to ensure the compliance of Nano-C with environmental, health and safety regulations. Additional aspects of the position include coordinating with facilities maintenance and renovation efforts, involvement with developing and approving quality control and analytical processes, and occasionally overseeing the maintenance and repair of various devices and machinery, particularly where safety is a pressing concern.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Present a well-organized and comprehensive EH&S company-wide strategy
- Work with management team to set and achieve annual EH&S goals and objectives
- Develop and implement effective safety communication plans
- Ensure EH&S activities are current, and all health and safety hazards and issues that may affect the public, personnel, and/or customers are identified and addressed
- Conduct safety meetings, train new employees in safety, and ensure compliance of the company and employees with all safety and health regulations
- Coordinate an appropriate investigation team to participate in incident investigations, root cause analysis, and corrective action development and implementation
- Provide emergency response support as needed serving as the secondary emergency coordinator
- Ensure representation of the company with EPA, Massachusetts DEP, OSHA, and the local
- Represent the EH&S function with senior management and the investor community
- Ensure compliance with all Federal, State, and local government laws
- Manage EH&S budgets and personnel
- 10+ years’ experience in chemical industry
- 2+ years of experience in EH&S roles, with preference for R&D and/or pilot plant background
- Bachelor’s degree in chemistry, chemical engineering, or material science/engineering
- Familiarity with process safety guidelines associated with the chemical industry
- Experience with obtaining permits and licenses at the federal, state, and local levels, including hazardous waste generation, construction, water and sewer use, and hazardous materials storage and processing
- Prior experience in safety with small or start-up companies preferred
- Ability to lead, motivate, and foster a compliant safety-first culture
- Desire to thrive in the creative chaos of a start-up company
- Strong interpersonal skills in a dynamic environment
- Experience representing a company to customers, investors, and the general public
- Bachelor degree or higher in EHS discipline or related science or engineering field
Benefits include Health, Dental, Paid Time Off and 401k.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to do this job. The above is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required.
*External and internal applicants, as well as position incumbents who become disabled as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act must be able to perform the essential job functions (as listed) either unaided or with the assistance of a reasonable accommodation to be determined by management on a case by case basis.
© 2017 Insight Performance, Inc. and Nano-C, Inc. Environmental, Health, and Safety Coordinator community